Recent accomplishments include:
- I got the first overworld area and the rocky overworld area completely working (the outdoor parts)
- I've successfully broken up resource loading into the separate areas, so it waits to load graphics resources for the various dungeons until they are needed.
- HUD stuff including enemy portraits is in place.
- The subscreen is mostly finished. I've finished the inventory screen, finished the map screen (and thanks to the nice resolution of the iDevices, the subscreen map is just a tiny image of the actual screenshots for each area, which looks slick, in my opinion), added the enemy database, and still need to do the "options" screen.
- The base code for saving and loading is in place, but I haven't yet put any UI in for it. I'm leaning towards auto-saving each time you change rooms, so if you have to quickly turn the game off, you don't lose any progress.
So, I guess, just enjoy some new screenshots: