Thursday, May 29, 2014

Level Design

About half the time when I design a level on Robo-Ninja, I'm moderately dissatisfied with it when I'm finished. It's either too hard, too easy, not interesting enough, or too dependent on getting lucky on your timing instead of actually figuring out how to do it properly.

Tonight, I finally built (most of) a level that I'm quite happy with. It's not hard to get through once you figure out the timings and what to do. But it will probably take a few tries to figure out those timings. And the arrangement of elements on the screen isn't as boring as some of the other maps I've done recently.

I've got quite a few levels to go...hopefully I can keep this up.

Just so you know...on my laptop, I have to hold alt + fn + prscr t take a screenshot.
It took a few tries to get this shot without dying.

No comments:

NES Anguna

Well, I had a little bit of time still, while Frankengraphics is finishing up her game Project Blue, to have a little downtime on Halcyon, s...