Monday, October 6, 2014

3 enemy kernel (getting close!)

Spent awhile tonight working on trying to get my 3-enemy kernel working for the atari game. It basically amounted to a ton of branches, checking to see which enemies were close, which frame I was in, etc.

Basically, I have to see which enemies are close to each other vertically, pick the appropriate kernel (whether to render 1, 2, or all 3 enemies), then swap around the enemies in the enemy array to make sure that the correct enemies are rendered for this frame (since enemies that overlap a row only get rendered on alternating frames).

So tonight was my first pass at it. It works in a few of the cases, but completely freaks out in a few of the arrangements. So now I get to start the fun job of isolating which cases fail, and debugging. This should be fun.

No comments:

NES Anguna

Well, I had a little bit of time still, while Frankengraphics is finishing up her game Project Blue, to have a little downtime on Halcyon, s...