Friday, January 23, 2015

Well that changed quickly

Once I finally got on here to complain about how I was getting discouraged by a lack of visible progress, suddenly things start working! Today I managed to get an hour or so to work on the game, and only about 15 minutes in, I got the last bugs sorted out that were preventing the items from actually appearing on the screen.

For the zillionth time, I fired up the emulator, killed the green slime in this room, expecting nothing to show up (as usual) and lo and behold, the key appeared! Once it showed up, it was pretty easy work to set it up so collisions made it disappear and play a nice musical note to make you feel happy.

Now that I look at it, it looks like somebody took the yellow key from Adventure,
turned it sideways, and painted it lime green. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be green. Oops.


I still have to make it properly add to your inventory, but at least I feel like I'm making progress. So ignore all those things I said in my previous post!

No comments:

NES Anguna

Well, I had a little bit of time still, while Frankengraphics is finishing up her game Project Blue, to have a little downtime on Halcyon, s...