Monday, November 11, 2019

Who needs enemies?

One of the things I keep thinking as I'm building content in Halcyon is "does this room really need any enemies?"  I mean, the fun of the game is supposed to be about exploration. Enemies just slow that down, right?  Or maybe it's just that I'm being lazy and don't want to figure out what enemies to put into a room. Do I need to mix it up for each room, or is it ok to have a few rooms in a row with really similar enemies?  Will the players find this room to be boring, too similar to the last room? 

I have no idea.  But regardless, it sure is tempting to leave a lot of rooms empty.

No comments:

NES Anguna

Well, I had a little bit of time still, while Frankengraphics is finishing up her game Project Blue, to have a little downtime on Halcyon, s...