Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hurry up and Wait

I was on such a roll for awhile, but now everything has slowed down, unfortunately. I added the power-saving features that I mentioned last time, and debugged a whole bunch of minor issues that testers had found for me.

Chris (the artist) sent me an amazing new title screen, which I just finished adding, completely with a cool alpha-blend fade-in of the title. (Which I'd show a picture of, except I forgot to check in one of the source files into subversion, so I can't build it from this computer right now).

Now, I'm just left with replacing the audio engine. One of the people testing for me (ekid) told me he's finishing up a new audio engine that's supposed to be pretty good. Based on one of his test builds, it actually properly plays all 3 of my songs from Anguna (where my current solution completely fails on one of them, and butchers a few notes from one of the others). Hopefully he'll finish that soon, and I can pull it in easily.

So I'm still advancing, slowly. But doing a bit of waiting at this point.

No comments: