Thursday, August 28, 2014

Levels, levels, and more levels

The past couple weeks I've been focusing on making new maps.  At this point, I'm done with the temple zone, and almost done with the industry zone. 

I think I mentioned that I've added a couple of new items -- the "wall slip" and the laser that Robo-Ninja can shoot out of his eye-holes. I thought that might give me a fun programming break from designing maps. But fortunately, it turns out that I actually designed properly for these things, so they were really easy to add. The wall slip, in particular, only took about 15 minutes, by reusing what I had from the wall cling. The laser took a little while longer -- not because the laser itself was difficult, but I had to add functionality to the enemies that lets them die when hit. Either way, it was all straightforward based on the code design.

So back to editing maps. Robo-Ninja's world is starting to grow out a bit, although there's still a good way to go.  I think it's time to stop for awhile, so I don't get burned out and starting making stupid levels, and instead start writing the code for the opening story sequence. That will be interesting to write. 

I hope.
 

No comments:

NES Anguna

Well, I had a little bit of time still, while Frankengraphics is finishing up her game Project Blue, to have a little downtime on Halcyon, s...