Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Ramps

Well, the release of Robo-Ninja went well. People are playing (and hopefully enjoying) it, so I'm happy as a clam!

I'm spending a little time now in my "free time" focusing on some outside consulting work, but hopefully I'll be back in gear to work hard on Anguna Atari soon!

Until then, I was recently thinking about how I ended up handling slopes/ramps in Robo-Ninja, and how my code ended up getting really messy after a few iterations. I decided (now that I'm finished) to do some research about how other people have implemented them, and ended up finding this awesome article that talks about the standard methods for handling the mechanics of platform games.

It's pretty awesome.

No comments:

NES Anguna

Well, I had a little bit of time still, while Frankengraphics is finishing up her game Project Blue, to have a little downtime on Halcyon, s...