Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Maven (cont)

So I finished the book I was reading about Maven. It was amusing paying attention to my own feelings about Maven as I progressed through the book. It went like this:

Introduction and initial explanation: Hmmm, this is interesting, but sounds a bit lame.

Basic tutorials and walkthrough of Maven: Wow, this actually looks really awesome!

Advanced topics, explanations, etc: Seriously, that's how you're supposed to do that? That's awful! And what's up with that weird special case?

Really, it confirms my initial reaction -- if you play the maven way, things are pretty simple. If you try to do something weird, There be Dragons. I'm going to play with it a little more on a hobby project, but I'm not sold on it.

No comments:

NES Anguna

Well, I had a little bit of time still, while Frankengraphics is finishing up her game Project Blue, to have a little downtime on Halcyon, s...