Friday, June 5, 2015

Robo-Ninja Boss Fight

My office-mate Tim has been so kind as to play through Robo-Ninja, giving me great feedback along the way. A week or so ago, he finally got to the end -- at least so far. He got to the room right before the main boss. And has been patiently waiting for me to give him a boss to fight.

Well Tim, we're almost there.  I think the boss is done. Although once you kill him, I don't have any sort of victory sequence or anything. He dies and you're just stuck in his room. But hey, progress.

I ended up NOT giving him multiple forms after all. Partially because I'm ready to finish this thing, and partially because while testing it, he seems hard enough already. 

So now there's just a few things left to do:
  • A few map tweaks based on Tim's feedback
  • Fix a couple of bugs in my game engine (again, based on Tim's feedback) 
  • Add graphical icons on the teleporter UI (I've had blank placeholders sitting there for months now)
  • Finish the options and license/credits screen (I've used a ton of Creative-Commons licensed art and sounds, so I have a lot of credit that needs to be mentioned)
  • Finish the leaderboard and cloud save integrations
  • Add an ending sequence
  • Test, Test, and test again
  • Release the game, get rich, and retire

No comments:

NES Anguna

Well, I had a little bit of time still, while Frankengraphics is finishing up her game Project Blue, to have a little downtime on Halcyon, s...