Sunday, February 28, 2016

Subscreen Map

Well, I had originally said that I planned to wait and see how much space I had before making the subscreen map that I planned on.  But this past week, after working on the overworld, I realized that with my limited range of different screen layouts, the overworld was going to be a big boring place that's easy to get lost in.

What I really needed was a map.  With a map, at least the overworld becomes a big boring place that's not quite so easy to get lost in.


So I added the map on the subscreen. It took a bit of work to get the colors all lines up the right ways, using the different graphical objects available, but I think it's working now. The white dot tracks where you are on the world.


I did manage to get the kernel all working with my multiple colors, like I mentioned last time. I was even able to animate the water of the river, so the color moves down the screen, which is fun.



I think it's time to post some builds to the Atari homebrew forums to try to get some feedback.  That's scary.

No comments:

NES Anguna

Well, I had a little bit of time still, while Frankengraphics is finishing up her game Project Blue, to have a little downtime on Halcyon, s...